Happy New Year to all on the Blogosphere !
- When , M was born in 2008, lying in the hospital bed after a Caesarian I just was thinking in 2016 , M will be 8 years old. It all seemed very far away , but here it is ! Really so quickly ? M is going to be an 8 yo in 2016 October, my little boy will be a little grown up.
- When, J and I tied the knot in February 2006, our tenth wedding anniversary seemed ages away – Well, Here it is now ! J and I will be celebrating our 10th Wedding Anniversary this year !
- Our new year unfolded in calm and peaceful manner, M and I went to bed not waiting for the clock to strike 12.00. We’d wished all our family members at 6.30 pm our time which is the equivalent of 12.00 in India.J went to the Edinburgh fireworks at about 11.00 and got back a little later than 12.00, just to hug us both and wish us a Happy New Year.
- It was in the morning that I lit candles and prayed for a good 2016. Be it Christmas or New Year, I have started a tradition of cooking a Sweet dish first thing as I enter the kitchen. Last Year it was Paal Payasam, this year I made Gulab Jamuns. I’ve also promised an Indian colleague at work that I will bring him Gulab Jamuns on Monday. It is a very special year for him and his Polish wife – They are going to have their first born this year in June through an IVF, after long trials and heart breaking IVF failures. A blessing awaits him this year.
- I remember that for the past two new years in the UK, on New Years day we have gone off for a lunch buffet – 2013 at Red Hot and 2014 at Jammie’s spice. This new year is different, I cooked Chicken Dum Biryani, it tasted good! Also , Chicken curry.
- Wishing everyone through phone calls is a norm for Christmas and New Years. My youngest SIL is heavily pregnant and is expecting her second baby in the next few days, she is in my MIL’s place in Bangalore, My MIL has been unwell since the day after christmas, She’s been down with viral fever. She has become tired to the point that she had to be administered 1 bottle of drips yesterday. Her biggest concern though unwell, is obviously my SIL’s delivery. The good thing is there are two of my other SIL’s who live just a stones throw away. So, Help is close at hand.
- My Sis and her family celebrated New Years at my mom’s place. Missing family during the Christmas and New Year Celebrations does make me feel sad 😦 Before moving to the UK, while living in Singapore, we had the perk of visiting India and being with close knit family for Christmas and New Year Celebrations.
- This year is the first year, I’m participating in the Blogathon – Every Year, I was just a silent reader of all my blog friend’s blogs. This year just decided to jump in and take the plunge.
- My kind request to 2016 , as we welcome you – Please be kind to the world – Please bring in world peace and less suffering across to the war ridden countries.Specially ..specially to the children of the world. Please be kinder in terms of natural calamities/Any calamities at all. Please keep us all happy , peaceful and cheerful !