1. SJ started work (round of applause please !!!) She was dying to be back at a workplace and it is a dream come true. Her last working day in Singapore was 30th March 2013. Has started working at a bank in Cambridge from the 5th May 2014. On training for now and she is loving it.
2. M goes to the Breakfast club/After school club in the mornings and evenings. This arrangement is at his school premises itself, in-between both the clubs he attends school from 9.00 am to 3.15 pm. He loves it. He seems tired at the end of the day – which means he goes to bed by 8.00 PM.
3. SJ went for a weeks training at Manchester (19 to the 23 May). M and J accompanied SJ and stayed at the hotel for a couple of days. Whilst SJ was on training Dad and Son duo enjoyed themselves at the Manchester United Stadium and Museum of Industry and Science at Manchester. Manchester was beautiful.
4. What was even more wonderful was that M was taken care of by J for 3 days SJ wasn’t home. J gave M his baths, fixed his breakfasts and dinners and dropped and picked him up from school. It is worthwhile mentioning that this has happened for the first time ever. Hats off to J – being a guy who got away with not even having to touch/change 1 diaper when M was little.
4. At 5.30 in the morning of the 13th of May – J heard a loud a thump and jumped out of his bed. No, It wasn’t the roof that had fallen, it was SJ – she fell from the stairs and slipped across 6 stairs on her bum. Went to the A and E at Addenbrookes and was diagnosed to have bruised the Tail bone (ya we have one – the last bone on the spine) was given pain killers and bone density medicines. Recovery will take 6-8 weeks.
5. After the injury – SJ finds it difficult to get up after sitting down, sit on one of the bums and then switches to the other one, Cannot sleep on her back and is unable to pick up whatever falls on the floor. M is behind SJ all the time at home picking up things from the floor while J does his best to make it easy for SJ.
6. SJ has found a lovely set of colleagues at her workplace. They absolutely understand her condition after the injury. They pick up things for her if she drops them.
7. SJ weighed 70 Kgs before joining work – in 3 weeks she today weighs 68 Kgs without even trying. While idling at home SJ tried her best to reduce weight but the weighing scale would not show weigh less than 69 Kgs no matter what 😉
8. SJ got her set of smart looking uniforms to be worn to work. She is so glad that she does not have to wonder what to wear to work the next day.
9. The Owner of the current rental home has decided to sell the house. SJ and family have 2 months to start the house hunting and shifting. They are wondering if they would want to live at the same locality or move to the locality of SJ’s workplace which would mean M’s school will need to be changed.
10. Ramya of sweeetmixture.blogspot.co.uk has moved to Cambridge and SJ did have a short conversation with her. SJ is excited to have a blog friend land in the same place – moreover co-incidentally she will be working in the same company as J.