It’s that time of the year…A time of Celebration…A time of Joy !!!
1. Except for the first two years after marriage, Every year for the past 5 years we have been in Bangalore, India to celebrate Christmas with the in-laws and my parents. We didn’t make it to India this year. This year it’s our first Christmas in the UK and we are facing our first winter as well. Temperatures have dropped to 0 to 2 Degrees and we are facing frozen fingers and pain pricking in the ears for the first time in our lives. Yet to witness the magic of a snowfall.
2. Our Social life in Cambridge is going very well, We’ve made so many friends and are all the time engaged. Chit Chats – Lunches, Dinners…..An Evening over bhajji’s and hot coffee – We are meeting friends quiet often. Feels Good.
3. I keep myself engaged with Social Service volunteering activities at a local church 3 times a week. I help in the church admin activities and in a Cafe. The Church does help a few of the underpriveledged countries and the profits from the Church Cafe go for good causes. It’s immensely satisfying to know that my time is not idled away and instead spent in something fulfilling.
4. J’s depressed with the way things at his office are turning out. We’d sometime repent our move from Singapore. We’ve overcome that and have decided to take life one day at a time.
5. M’ loves his school and his 7 classmates. He wrote Christmas cards for each of them. He was a Snow Flake at his School Christmas play and he really did well on the stage. It was a proud moment for us as parents to see him perform on the auditorium stage. Today at Church they had the Nativity scene enactment and M was dressed as one of the Wise Men ( Three Kings). He did really well. He enjoyed the Kids Christmas Party thereafter.
6. My Toe got better and well. It was suspected Gout. An excess of Uric Acid in the blood. It just got better and I stopped thinking about it. My blood tests revealed that my haemoglobin was low, just as usual.
7. Christmas decorations are out and the Star adores the front door. I am yet to put up the Christmas tree and the Crib. Shall do so tomorrow hopefully. This year I’ve planned Gulab Jamuns, Rose Cookies, Diamond Cuts and Uddin Vadai. I’d share it with the friends around for Christmas. Yet to go for a a round of X’mas Shopping.
8. J is on leave for a week – yet he works from home and is studying a new technology. Feels like a student at home studying for his exams, with books scattered on the bed or on the sofa at most times. Being the sole bread winner seems a real tough task ! Hoping I get into a job as soon as I can….
9. M had his first sleep over at a friends place while J and I went for a Black Tie – Christmas Party at J’s office. M didn’t cry or trouble – All that he did was complained that the pillow at our friends place was Poky and he claimed that his pillow was soft….My Friend laughed over it. When J questioned M about it – M accepted he’d complained about the pillow but later understood as to that was the only pillow they had and so he’d managed to sleep on it. Ooph …Talk about a 5 year old complaining about infrastructure 🙂
10. 2013 wasn’t really good year for us in terms of career and we are hoping a lot out of 2014. Well..that’ s going to be my next post. I better blog often. My heart aches to see my blog baby ignored 🙂