This will be my very last post from Hougang Avenue 8, Block 619.
I came to this home carrying a 4 month old baby M on Feb 19 2009, it has indeed been a long journey of 4 + years. For M this has been his home, even during our Bangalore visits he has always wanted to get back home and that is to this home 🙂
Every coin has two sides and living in this home has’nt always been a smooth sailing, we became pauper when we bought this house to the extent that we were waiting for j’s next months pay cheque , M had his surgery as a toddler in this home which was the most devastating experience.
Sentiments apart, this home has been a sapacious 2 bedroom apartment for a family of three. The system in Singapore is so good that the was never once a power cut or water shortage or a lift breakdown ever.
We’ve had good neighbours the first was a Malay aunty to used to give me tips with handling and taking care of baby M but she was here only untill M was 1.5 years old, then came a family from Chennai , husband, wife and daughter. They have been ever so caring and loving (minus 2 years)
I switched jobs multiple times owing to family commitments.
There are too many a things to be learnt from this home:
1. How not to keep the home messy is one valuable lesson that this house has taught me, how to de-clutter regularly and avoid accumulation of unwated stuff at home, the thumb rule that i’ve learnt to follow was “if some thing was untouched or unsed for more than 6 months then it needs to be disposed away “
2. How not to fight over petty issues and spoil your relationship with the spouse, this has happened a couple of times when things have got worse over petty issues. The immatirity combined with lots of ego peeps out of our adult selfs a few times and then we realise, we are yet to grow up.
3. How not to be stern with your child, i’ve learnt that a tactical approach in handling M was more effective then being a strict hitler.
4. I’ve learnt to imporve on my cooking skills with a lot of trial and error in this home 🙂
5. How to balance work and home – was one important thing that i learned while at this home.
Well , having said all that was on my mind for now, its time now to get to packing of the suitcases and bidding goodbye to Block 619, Hougang Avenue 8 !
Leaving Singapore for Bangalore tonight !