1. Our India trip is planned for on the December 20th night flight to January 01 return flight. We visit Bangalore where my parents and in-laws reside twice a year and this is our second trip in 2012. This trip is for the sole purpose of x’mas celebration with family.
2. I have mixed feelings as I’m visiting Bangalore on this trip and that is due to the misunderstanding cropped up with the MIL this time around. It’s the usual saas-bahu tug which has gotten serious as i’d decided to be assertive rather than being suppressive. A change in mindset after 7 years of marriage and I’m glad i’m being so.
3. In contrast, I just can’t wait to get to Bangalore for the sole reason of getting to my parents place and having fun with my darling sis and niece. My sis lives at close proximity to my parents place and we are expecting to have a blast.
4. Not being in Singapore for x’mas means that my home decoration inclusive of the small x’mas tree, setting up of the crib, hanging of the star and a small celebration happens this Sunday. I prepared perfectly round gulab-jamun’s last week and intend to order a cake for my colleagues and neighbors. For the first time I’m going to try my hand at preparing rose-cookies for x’mas this year. Will post pictures of the crib, star and tree once they are put up.
5. The Weekend will have to be clubbed with the Kiddy palace and ToysRus shopping trips for all M(4yrs old) cousin’s – J’s elder sis’s daughter E (7 yrs old) , younger sis’s daughter C(3 yrs old) and son A (8 months old) and J’s youngest sis’s daughter A(7 months old) . My sis’s daughter N(2.5yrs old) . So that’s a major shopping trip specially to the toys store where we scratch our confused heads on what to buy while dealing with M’s tantrums of want for all the toys that he lays his hands on. A toy’s shop is truly a child’s paradise !
6. My Mom retired after 22 years of working in the same school as a teacher of social sciences (history, geography, civics) and English. The day she retired on the 30.11.2012 was very emotional. My family wouldn’t be in the position we are today if not for my mom’s career and hard work at home. Totally my mom has about 32 years of high-school teaching experience and the school just didn’t want to let go off her. Mom joined back and she is happy to see her over excited students glad to have her teaching them again.
7. We met with a minor accident last Sunday while driving to J’s relatives home in Jurong. 3 Indian workers on a truck were at fault as they screeched the truck on our car’s side doors that left behind an elongated dent. J’s careful driving saved us from any major disaster. M and I were seated behind without seat belts. We thank GOD and our guardian angels for our rescue. J got off and was in conversation with those Indian workers who migrate for a mere sum. They accepted they were at fault and gave it writing for J to claim insurance. They were literally begging J to let them go without police intervention. J tried his best in saving their jobs and jail terms. Yes – U read it rite ! Jail terms because of the fact that they were drunk. It was a case of drunk driving for which they will be straight in Jail for endangering other lives on the road. I couldn’t take the fact that one minute could have changed our lives forever. We haven’t informed our family back in India with regards to this incident and my dear sis – this sentence is here because you will read the blog !
8. M’s singing “Joy to the World ” and “Tis the Season to be Jolly” and is waiting for Santa Claus to gift him his much awaited ” Shoes with light”. We black mail him when he’s being naughty stating Santa’s watching and that he doesn’t bring gifts for dis-obedient kids.
9. We are having a team dinner at work on Monday the 17.12.2012. Our manager’s way of thanking us for the team’s contribution. I just cannot believe how 2012 flew away so soon !
10. Life is on a fast forward mode for now, with so many tasks looming over. Guess we’ll get a breather once we are back in Singapore after the India trip…
Take Care my blog friends , until then here’s wishing you a…
MERRY CHRISTMAS and A JOYOUS n PEACEFUL NEW YEAR 2013.